Friday, November 20, 2009

Weekend Winnipeg

According to Wikipedia, Karaoke is a “form of interactive entertainment or video game in which amateur singers sing along with recorded music (and/or a music video) using a microphone and public address system. The music is typically a well-known pop song minus the lead vocal.”

For most Winnipeggers, especially us Cre-Comm’s, Karaoke is better defined as a sweet way to spend a Friday night. Luckilly for the Karaoke loving Winnipeg resident, we've got some great places to check out.

1.Osborne Karaoke

110 Osborne Street

This tiny second floor lounge has affordable private rooms, a fun environment and a great location in the heart of the village. Once you get past the sketchy stairs, you'll find an awesome place to take a group. Feel free to barter, if its not busy the employees will cut you a deal on a private room.


2.Muz Karaoke

709 Corydon Avenue

Muz Karaoke makes the list because of its great decor, color themed rooms and most importantly... location, location, location. After a dinner on Corydon, this is the place to walk to if you're in the mood to sing.

3. Limelight Tavern

531 St. Mary's Rd

Limelight makes the list for its large size and great atmosphere but on busy nights the wait to get on stage can get a bit ridiculous. But if you're willing to wait your turn and want a big crowd, Limelight can equal a really fun night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Have fun!





3 comments:

  1. Limelight: where a friendly guy once asked me if I wanted to go out back to "fight." I declined, and the fella just continued asking everyone until he found someone willing to go a few rounds.

    Then, he came back in and sang some INXS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! that's so funny, Kenton.

    I'm sorry I missed Friday night! It was probably a blast! I haven't been to any of these places, but when I have a couple drinks in me, I love to sing sing sing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limelight is always a great time.. I didn't know about the other places, I'll definitely have to check them out!!

    ReplyDelete