Friday, January 8, 2010

 PR: The best pseudo event of 2009

T-Mobile Dance



The above video shows what happens when T-Mobile has 350 casually dressed dancers transform from dull commuters to synchronized dance machine in the middle of London's Liverpool Street Station. All I could think while

The pseudo event was part of a campaign by advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi, London. The campaign focuses on viral marketing as well as more traditional television advertisements in which hidden cameras take in dancer and crowd antics. The buzz generated from the memorable event has made the viral video of the event a YouTube sensation with over 16,841,116 hits over the past year making it one of the most watched videos on the popular site.

To see how T-Mobile made this train station version of High School Musical check out the video below.





Amazing much?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wasn't that BRILLIANT?! I had never seen the "making of" video before - I love the directors' sheer joy at seeing it work. My favourite witness quote: "I felt a moment of love." Great PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, amazing, fantastic, insprational, I could go on for days! This really made me want to work for Saatchi & Saatchi, London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris 'Kid' Reid makes his solo come back.

    ReplyDelete